Monday, November 3, 2014

Octoberness

Halloween happened.......


This year, at 13, Romy was too old really to go Trick or Treating.
I know plenty of kids do it into their adult years, and I didn't forbid it, I just wasn't going to take her. She was welcome to go with friends, but she decided to stay home and hand out candy with the rest of us boring grown ups.


I told her that the morning after Halloween, we'd get up early and I'd show her one of the deep, dark, happy secrets of Halloween in Grown-Up Land...the marked down candy at Target on November 1st. 
She was thrilled as we loaded up the cart with big bags of all of her favorite Halloween treats and we skipped things like Tootsie Pops and Pal gum. 
We only bought our favorites and since it was all 50%-75% off, we bought a ton, using the excuse that we'd save it for Christmas.
(You know you've done it, too, and it never last until December.)


I think she was fully converted to the "Day After" Holiday.

She did other fun things for Halloween, there was a costume dance at school and we had our yearly ward party. 



She wanted to be a dinosaur this year. 
As I was bracing myself to figure out how to sew a giant dinosaur costume, I walked by Conway and saw a child's costume on display for 10 bucks. I think it was actually a pair of footie pajamas, but I bought it anyway. She was too tall for it, so we cut off the feet, added a tu-tu and called it good.




The ward party is always a riot. It's a ton of work to put together and Wendy and Chris Koller did a great job this year. We really know how to have fun in the Short Hills Ward. :)

I hope you all had a fun Halloween!


1 comment:

  1. FM 100 hasn't started playing Christmas Carols yet this year. I'm not sure what state I'm living in any more.

    ReplyDelete