Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Oh, What Do You Do in the Winter Time

...when all the world is......Cold Level: ARMAGEDDON....?

Yesterday it rained.
It wasn't cold, like it has been all over the Midwest, it just rained.
The rain melted all of the snow that was dumped on us that gave us an extended Winter Break.


The cold came this morning, but it's still a cozy 4 degrees outside.
I can't complain.
I've got a sturdy home, fuzzy socks and a husband who doesn't complain when I adjust the thermostat multiple times a day. 
I spent most of the winter break, just being with Matt and the kids.
We ate, slept, played games every day and reconnected.


 ( The Game of Thrones. It is an intense, amazing game. It takes 4-6 hours to play and you need to be secure in your relationships to play, but oh, it is an awesome game--even though Kyle won AGAIN.)

(Red Dragon Inn-- a new one from Santa that was fun. The goal is to not get so 'drunk' that you lose your fortitude. Paul, I think you guys would like this game because the game play is fun, straightforward and all ages could play together competitively.)


We rang in the new year together.

(Zane was partying at the Thomas House, we weenied out at 6:30 and partied at home.)


It was good.
When everyone bundled up and headed back to work and school yesterday, I had so much to catch up on, but all I really wanted to do was play with my new sewing machine.
It does machine embroidery and I tinkered with it all week, figuring out how to use it and what things I can crap craft up by stitching flowers and names all over them. 
Yesterday, I made baby burp cloths for my bestie's younger sister, Sarah.
She's about to have her third daughter and I'm excited for her. I've watched her grow up from a teenager who didn't have much self confidence, who was a people-pleaser that didn't give herself credit for her awesomeness to  a strong and radiant woman.


She is also gorgeous, as all the women in that family are.

(Mom E, Kristine- my dearest friend in the world, Sarah and Di.)

I made these using flannel that I picked up for an absolute steal on Black Friday.
I wait all year for that sale, because the cute, trendy flannels are only 2 bucks a yard, down from $7.00.
Last year, I bought a ton, this year they required a 2 yard minimum purchase,so.........I still bought a ton.


I backed them up with a new, white towel that I had been using to figure out how to do CTR towels on.
I love the ragged edge and the fact that they are cute, but still able to wipe up and absorb a lot of baby mess.
 They look home-made and I love them.
Not enough to have a baby, but enough to make more of these in the future.




Now, I just need to mail these and wait for Baby A's arrival. 

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about those burp cloths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you so much I am stalking you, and I find this super-sweet post with my family. I luv ya, you know that?! :) wish I was there even though it is butt cold there snd it was 70° here today. ;)

    ReplyDelete