Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Trillion September Pictures

Goodbye, September.
You kicked our butts, but we're still standing.
Bring on October with your beautiful New Jersey colors and weather that is perfect for sweaters and pumpkin desserts baking in the oven. 

When I remember September, I will be sure not to forget things like:



These three kids starting grades 12, 9 and 7.



A five hour board game.

That Kyle won.
Oh the humanity!


Having these four kids over for dinner.
Elder Key has been a good friend to Zane for sure.
He bore his testimony to us and he said some things that spoke to my heart. I knew, without a doubt that Elder Key had been specifically praying for members of my family and that the Lord would answer his prayers as well as ours, but I needed to trust Him.



 I won't forget seeing cutie pie nieces and nephews during my trip to Utah.


"Tate a piture a' me when I do 'dis"


 Rows and rows of LDS books at the DI.
I love Unique, but I miss the DI.


 I got to see these beautiful ladies.
Oh, my heart.


I went to Leatherby's and met up with some of my sweet wardies fro Taylorsville.


I may have eaten this.
Okay, I totally ate this.



 I got to see my grown- up kids and stay with my wonderful in-laws.



I love everyone, but being with my kids was the best part.


 I also got to see my baby sister.
I miss my Sunniebun.



When I got back to New Jersey, I got to take this lady to go and pick up her car.
She hasn't had one in about a year, it's been so rough for her, I don't think I've ever seen a bigger smile than when Tara had the keys to her car.




 Five days later, Matt and I went to Hackensack and picked up a car of our own.

We got a Dodge Dakota for Zane to drive until he leaves on his mission.
It's a real man-car.
Zane was hoping for a truck, but we were mostly concerned with getting something that would clear our stupid driveway that every car bottoms out on. 
The Dodge fits the bill for sure.
We got a very good deal on it because it is old ad has a billion miles on it as well as some damage in the rear, but we can fix that up for a few hundred bucks in the spring after it has survived one final rust season.
This kid will be driving on his own in about 2 weeks. 
That scares the tar out of me, but I think I'll get over that fear the first Monday I don't have to get up for early morning seminary.

Let's hope October is so boring that I have nothing to do but write about changing leaves and knitting projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment