Sunday, April 21, 2013

Craft Day and My Big Fat Mormon Winter

I hosted a craft day yesterday.
10 hours of visiting while pretending to 'work.'



I think it's time for a new tote, Terri. :)


I didn't do any layouts, but I did make some cards.






Tomorrow I'm re-registering for Weight Watchers Online again.
Matt and I did it a year or so ago, it was a really good program and worked really well for us both. We did well as a team on the plan.
When we moved, I went off of the plan.
Over the course of  this incredibly long and depressing winter, I have gained some weight.
Like, NOTHING fits gain, my fat pants are giving me wedgies.
(TMI? )
My arthritis was a killer this winter and I spent a lot of days hurting so much and because I eat my feelings, like so many of us do, I sat around for months and just puttered around my house and ate. 
I will always be a person with curves. I like having curves, to me they are feminine, to my husband, they are sexy. Breasts and hips are awesome. 
(Yay! More TMI! )
After spending all of my teenage years starving myself, I stopped caring about being super thin when I had my first child. I think my parent cared more about my weight than I did and when I realized where I was happy at, I stopped hating myself because my clothing size wasn't a single digit. 

But this winter, I just went to crap.
Cold weather that never ended, arthritis and flat out stress eating. 
I have to make some changes or this will happen to me every winter.
 The nature of the seasons are not going to change, but the nature of this woman can.

So tomorrow, with the discount Matt gets from work, I'll sign up again and stop buying rainbow cookies and Cheetos. I'll stop having an energy drink for breakfast and M&M's for lunch.
I'll be more supportive of Matt as he has been trying to get back on the plan for a month now and I have been cooking and buying groceries in the same fashion I did before.

Owning it is the first step. 
Not eating a box of Girl Scout Cookies while watching The Biggest Loser is the second, or so I've been told.

3 comments:

  1. Chris and I just signef up for weight watchers online as well! will ket you know how it goes for us. ;) i am sorry it was such a cruddy winter for you, wish I could have come for your craft day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris and I just signef up for weight watchers online as well! will ket you know how it goes for us. ;) i am sorry it was such a cruddy winter for you, wish I could have come for your craft day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Russ and I are using a calorie/fitness/weight tracking app called Lose It! It's working great for us. Russ has lost 12 pounds and I'm down almost 18 pounds. I say use whatever works for you. Years ago, I lost 175 pounds using Weight Watchers, but I didn't learn how to maintain. I think this time, I'll keep using the app to help me maintain (it does that, too). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete