Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The first time I saw you, felt like I'd seen you before.

I'm still doing the LOAD challenge.


Mostly.

It's hard to scrapbook on weekends- one would think it was easier, but I want to spend my time with my handsome husband and kids. The crafting is good for my soul and good for my mind, but it is very rare that I need it as isolated alone time. Sometimes I do, but not as often as I did when the kids were small and life was about marker on the walls and potty training. There are a lot of crafts I can do while spending time with my family,but scrapbooking is not one of them.

So, I will not win the grand prize, but that's not why I do it. I do it because I love making something pretty with stickers and paste and pictures of my sweethearts. I'll keep at the challenge, but when I have to choose between it and family time- right now- I choose my little bunch of weirdos.
----


Did you see all of that snow we got over the weekend?


It was absolutely the most snow I have ever seen in my life. We had some great storms in Utah, but nothing like this. I know they have had a winter that has seen more snow than they have in years, but that didn't happen any of the years I lived there. Most of the snow we got would last a few days and then it was gone. 
That's how it has been here in New Jersey, too.
Until this weekend, when we got a good foot of snow.
I played outside with the younger kids while Zane went sledding with braver souls than I.

When we were done playing in the mountains of white stuff, we drank hot cocoa and watched Joe Vs. the Volcano as a family.



Joe: You love me?
Patricia: Yes, I love you. I can feel my heart...I feel like I'm going crazy. You can't just die and leave me alone on this stinking earth without you.


It is such a great movie.
The kids loved it, too. Even the ones who want me to think they are bored with everything.
The theme of our wedding reception was Joe Vs. The Volcano- that's how much we love this movie.

 I am completely untrustworthy... I'm a flibbertigibbet..

When we first realized we were in love, Matt had already accepted a transfer to Chicago. 
We had the "I love you, but the timing stinks." conversation.


Do you think I feel good? Nobody feels good. After childhood, it's a fact of life. I feel rotten. So what? I don't let it bother me. I don't let it interfere with my job.



We decided to just do it- to jump into the volcano and see.
We had a super fun wedding reception and have had a super fun adventure together.
Not without scary things and mistakes, but oh, our life...

Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how big... thank you. Thank you for my life.

Constant amazement.


What is wrong with you?

 Not a week goes by that we don't manage to squeeze a quote into conversation.




As I snuggled my Schmoop Matt, I worked on some embroidery. 


I promised 5 friends on FB that I'd make them something handmade and I'm nearly done with my little dish towels. Two are ready to mail to Utah, two are finished for friends here in New Jersey and I'm almost done with the gift for my friend in Indiana.



 I smile when I realize that the span of these friendships goes from high school clear up to people I have only known a couple of months, yet all of them are people I love and can't imagine life without having them in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment