Saturday, February 2, 2013

Saving the Date

Today I managed to leave my room. 
I went with Matt to go to Target and help get some Superbowl snacks and after about 15 minutes, I realized it was a bad idea. 
We made our purchases and I came home and took a 2 hour nap.
Sigh.
I have become one of those old people who does nothing but complain about how wrecked her body feels. 
I think I have been one for a long time.
I did finish my second layout for the challenge:


I am much happier with this one. 
I think I have done at least one if not two layouts with this picture, but it's one of my favorites, and it's kind of day one of our new little life here in New Jersey.

The other day, I saw something I had saved that was another reminder of the beginnings of a new life.
In January, Matt and I usually celebrate out "dateaversary," the anniversary of our first date. 
We usually forget exactly what day it is, though.
I found the calendar I had been using at the time and snapped a picture of the page that showed when it was and smiled at how different things were then. I had no idea that dinner with "Matt Olson" was going to be the first day of the rest of my forever life. 


Did you know he had a back up date planned that night?
I know!
He says it wasn't a back up date, it was just a "I'm out here anyway, wanna get together after my dinner with this girl with four kids..." thing- but I consider that a date. He didn't go because he and I were having such a great time together and fate was doing what fate does best.  
She was a crazy girl, too. Matt was her "plan B" until she was no longer in his plan at all, then she wanted him to be her "plan A."  
Sorry, Whackadoodle Krystelle.... Matt went with "Plan C."

Wait, that sounds sad, I'm plan A- but my name is Chris and it starts with a C......

Oh nevermind.

I was seeing two other guys when we met as well, and another guy was really trying to go out with me, but I think back on the conversations I had with that guy and I realize he probably had his previous girlfriend in the trunk of his car. I was going out on a lot of first dates back then.  One of the guys I was dating was really nice to me and really funny, but he was as dumb as a bag of wet bread. Sunnie hated him. I was seeing one guy who was dating was actually a pretty big jerk. He liked me a lot, but needed to let me know that I'd be perfect if I just lost 40 pounds. I think I put up with him because I liked him more than he liked me, but I knew he wasn't ever going to be the right guy- for me or any girl until he made some changes in how he treated people.  He also didn't want me to see anyone else, but he was still finding out what he wanted, so of course he could date other women.

Maybe he ended up marrying Krystelle. 

I can look at that calendar page and smile because after January 23rd, that 'dinner with Matt Olson' there were never any more dinners or dates with anyone else- for either of us. I had some lined up and bailed on them, he bailed on future dates with that crazy girl, who suddenly wanted to date Matt seriously once she realized he was in love with someone else. 
Chicks be crazy, Yo.

I have never regretted that Monday dinner date with the freakishly tall guy who wore wool pants to our date. He has probably regretted wearing those pants because I still give him grief about it, but I think we both agree that it was the best thing we ever did. 







I love you Matthew Olson.
Wool Pants.
Seriously, Babe?

4 comments:

  1. I love how happy you are with him, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun memory to share with us! Glad you guys got together you are both amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stories like this. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your story sounds similar to mine with how I met my man - down to the single with 4 kids. You sound so happy - and love the layout!

    ReplyDelete