Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pie Recipe

 
It's Pie Season, Yo.
I have had a number of requests for the recipe for this pie:

I think I called it Pantry Pie at the time because I made it from the things I had in the fridge and my pantry that day.
It was one of the best pies I have ever made, and I make great pies.
When I asked everyone what kind of pie they wanted for Thanksgiving (I usually make the favorite of each person) Matt wanted this pie. It was amazing good.

When I made the pie, I scrambled with what I had on hand, so I didn't have any pie shells, I just made one with crushed Oreos, sugar and butter. No clue how much was used, just follow basic grahm cracker crust recipes and use cookies instead. The pie I'm making today will be using a store bought pie shell.

 Chris Olson's Pantry Pie
-----
1 store bought or homemade chocolate cookie pie crust

2 box butterscotch pudding(instant) **This has been edited, my Thanksgiving pie's ratios were off, more butterschotch filling was needed. Feel free to not use the cream and just make the filling as instructedon the box***
2 C. milk
1 C. heavy cream
--
1/2 package semi sweet chocolate chips (8 oz)
1C. heavy cream
1 T butter
--
1/4 C pretzel sticks, chopped (1/2 C if you want more crunch)
pinch or two of coarse salt

Make the pudding, using milk and cream and pour into crust.
---
for ganache:
In medium saucepan, heat cream to simmer, making sure not to scald it. Once it's simmering, remove from heat and gently add the chocolate chips, stirring until they melt and are incorporated with the cream. (If necessary, add heat again by stirring over low heat.)
Once the chocolate is melted, add butter and stir until smooth and glossy. Pour over pudding layer of pie & smooth out to the edges.
-Sprinkle pretzels and a couple of pinches of coarse salt on top of the pie.

 If you really want to go into a diabetic coma, drizzle a little caramel sauce for ice cream on top, not too much because you don't want to mask the salty/sweet action going on.

It's crazy delicious and easy to make. It's very rich and you won't want to share. I think I got one slice and Matt claimed the rest for himself and every time he had some his eyelids fluttered with happiness.

1 comment:

  1. TO
    DIE
    FOR.

    We should claim a 1-slice commission on every pie made using this proprietary recipe.

    ReplyDelete