Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Muchas Cupcakeitas


Last night was Taco Night at the Olson House.
We don't have a standing, weekly Taco Night, but I've read of such things on blogs and Pinterest boards.
Okay, I just made that up, but I needed an excuse to say 'Taco Night' because it's fun to say and I didn't want to mislead anyone into thinking it's an actual thing here. 

We were not up to ending the meal with a pinata, but I did make these cupcakes and they were ah-may-ZING.


It was a semi homemade-esque recipe I came up with myself.
Sometimes my cupcakes run on the dry side, these were moist and muy fantastico.

Enjoy:

Sticky Dulce de Leche Cupcakes 

1 box yellow cake mix
1 package instant butterscotch pudding
3 eggs
1 stick soft butter or margarine
2/3 c. milk
1/3 can dulce de leche (you will use the rest later)
1/2 c water
1/4 tsp orange zest (Thank you Lisa!)
--

Whip all that business together. 
batter should be fluffy and airy, the pudding makes it have a more foamy texture than regular cake batter. 

full cupcake cups about 2/3 full and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until done

icing:
1/2 package cream cheese
1/2 stick soft butter
another 1/4 tsp orange zest
dash of cinnamon
1/3 can of dulce de leche
1/4 cup milk

Whip that together, then add powdered sugar until it's the consistence you like- I used about 2-3 cups.

With remaining dulce de leche, microwave it until it is a liquid. I mixed a little caramel syrup we had for ice cream, too. Needs to be 'drizzle' consistency. (I poured mine into the empty caramel syrup bottle.)

Frost the cupcake and drizzle fo'shizzle.

Yeah, I just said 'for shizzle.'
What?
Don't judge me, Dawg.
Make the cupcakes and then remember why you put up with this from me. 

Taco Night will never be the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment