Friday, September 28, 2012

Apple Pickin'

We love apple picking......





We went up to New York with the Hawkins, Ralston and Mathusek bunch and had a regular Mormon Mardi Gras.


There were apples as big as softballs and the kids had fun pummeling one another with rotten apples from the ground as we ate lunch. Okay, they called it "apple bowling" but I think that when you use people as pins......there's a little bonus if you manage to hit a sibling.








We had a great time.
 I bought 150 pounds of gorgeous apples.
When I tried to leave and realized I forgot my checkbook.
Duh.
Cyndi helped me out and I was able to leave the farm with all of my treasure.



Last night we made these:


Can Jay-Z and Beyonce do that, my friends?
 I think not.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...that looks like so much fun! I miss having a nice variety of apples at a reasonable price. We don't have much of a choice when it comes to apples and at over $2 each, we don't get them very often! As usual, I am living vicariously through you and your most awesome family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you post the recipe for your baked apples in crust? That looks wonderful (and I will only post it on my cooking blog with your permission and tons and tons of acknowledgement that it came from you).

    ReplyDelete