Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Crafty

After three days of too much, we're all taking a break for the rest of the week.
We also went to Hershey's Chocolate World and the shore last weekend and we're all pretty pooped.

Matt went to work and I declared it "craft day" yesterday. Nobody had to get dressed, we ate cold cereal and chips and watched some movies and got glue and paint under our nails.


I had seen this project on Pinterest:


DIY blue jars.
It was crazy easy and the results are nice.
There were a lot of different ways to do it, but I chose the project that only required food coloring and modge podge, since my jars were not going to be used to hold anything but sunlight.
You just mix some water, modge podge and a little green and blue food coloring, then you paint either the inside or outside of the jar.

I painted the inside and let it dry.
Some people who do this project complained that it looked streaky. I think they were just using too much goop at once. I coated the jar pretty thoroughly and didn't have any issues with drips or streaks.



I didn't go as dark as some of the ones on Pinterest, I only wanted a light tint to my glass. If I had wanted it darker, I only needed to apply another thin coat of goop after the first one dried.
I think they look very pretty.

It took me entirely too long to finish this simple scrapbook page, but I haven't done any scrapbooking in almost 2 years. I have a great craft area in this house and I'm hoping to get back into it, but I'm rusty.

The big gift Romy asked for?
A "pack-it."
She falls in love with some of the weird stuff she sees on infomercials and has always had a weakness for weird ways to bring lunch to school. This one has the gel packs sewn inside. She got some cute clothes and even a video game, but the "pack it" was clearly the biggest hit.
She'll use it once, mark my words.
I also finished a gift album that I've been trying to finish for months, I'll post pictures after it's been given to the person I made it for.

No comments:

Post a Comment