Friday, July 20, 2012

28 Days Class- 1 & 2

This is going to just be a boring old post about scrapbooking, as opposed to my usual boring old posts about being a full time tourist and feeling homesick.

I started my "28 Days of Sketches" Class at BPS and so far, so good.
The class gives you 28 sketches and the idea is to interpret the sketch and do a layout every day. I've always struggled with sketches because I pressure myself to make the so creative and original that I kind of ruin the whole point of a sketch. I'm not very good at coloring in the lines.
Shocking.
One of my goals is to make sure my layouts follow the sketches in their core design. I need to break out of my rut and the only way to learn something new is to actually DO something new.
I have no hopes of doing 28 layouts in 28 days. My goal is just to do the 28 sketches, even if it takes me a year.
 It's summer break and my days are filled with kids and hiding from the fact that we still have a good 30 boxes to unpack downstairs and in Greyson's room. My priority is spending time with my family, but it has been nice to steal away a couple of quiet hours to myself and work on these.

Sketch 1

My layout

Sketch 2

My layout

This one was harder to do because I over thought it and had to reel myself in a few times as I let myself think so far outside of the box that I wasn't doing the assignment anymore, and the things I was thinking up on my own were not even good.

I am happy with both layouts, I like that they are different and don't fit into my old formula. I like that they have more than one picture on them and yet don't look too busy. I like that I'm using supplies from my stash and mostly, I like that I'm excited about scrapbooking again.


3 comments:

  1. Well done! I like them both...they are new designs for you, but your personality still shines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog from the 28 Sketches: Round 2 class. I love it! I am living in Saudi Arabia right now, but when we are in the states, I live in NY by the Hudson River. I'm also LDS, so I everytime I see you post something, I keep thinking we have quite a bit in common. I'm loving your layouts, and your blog.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment!! What brought you to Saudi Arabia? I'm excited to get to know you better and glad we get to 'meet' in the class. I can pester you about all things New York City.....

    ReplyDelete